The Ann Arbor Transportation Authority (TheRide) is seeking comments through November 5, 2012 about proposed service improvements that would go into effect in late January, 2013 on the Route 5 – Packard bus service between Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti.
Ridership on Route 5 is the third largest of TheRide’s routes at 645,000 trips annually.
TheRide is proposing to increase the number of buses on the route from five to seven during morning and afternoon peak hours.
According to Chris White, TheRide’s manager of service development, the increased service will result in:
- Less crowded buses
- More consistent on-time performance
- Revised times on most trips
- More frequent service in some areas
- More direct trips with shorter travel time in some areas
Midday, evening, and weekend service will be unchanged.
Persons or organizations having questions or wishing to comment on the proposed changes may do so no later than Monday, November 5 by one of the following methods:
- By computer: Comment or ask questions by email to email@example.com (put “Service Changes” in subject line).
- By phone: Call the service change hotline at 734.794.1880.
- By fax: To 734.973.6338 (put “Service Changes” in subject line).
- By mail: AATA Service Changes, 2700 S. Industrial Hwy., Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
- At a public information drop-in session:
- Michigan Union, 530 South State Street, first floor, in rear area of Amer’s coffee shop; Tuesday, October 23, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Bryant Community Center, 3 W. Eden Ct., Ann Arbor; Wednesday, October 24, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Details on the proposed changes will be posted on TheRide’s website at www.TheRide.org.