MDOT is considering a $63.7 million investment in the US-23 corridor from M-14 to 9 Mile Road. The project includes:
- Pavement repairs along US-23 and M-14 between Silver Lake Road and I-94, including upgrading the median shoulder along US-23 between M-14 and M-36/9 Mile Road
- Bridge replacement at 6 Mile Road, 8 Mile Road and N. Territorial Road
- Bridge widening at Barker Road and at the railroad bridge
- Bridge repair at Joy Road, Warren Road, and at M-14 over the Huron River and Barton Drive
- Ramp upgrades at N. Territorial Road, 6 Mile Road, 8 Mile Road and at M-36
- Installation of additional Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) hardware, including cameras and electronic message boards.
During peak hours, vehicles will be able to drive on the upgraded shoulders.
On December 12, 2013, MDOT hosted public meeting at Northfield Township Hall. View the presentation and video from the meeting at this link. You can also learn about the project at MDOT's project page, or in recent coverage by MLive's Ann Arbor News.